Fundraisers, Deckchair Cinema
The Fundraising ballot for 2022 is now closed!
Deckchair Cinema is available to hire for fundraising movie nights by Darwin-based, not-for-profit community organisations.
• Fundraiser nights are generally held each Sunday throughout our season (mid-April to mid-November).
• Fundraiser movie nights are a great opportunity for organisations to raise much needed funds, raise awareness for your work and are also a great way for you to bring your members and other interested people in the community together for a fun night out.
• As our fundraising nights are so popular we operate a random ballot to allocate them. The ballot opens annually in November, and closes on 31 January.
• If you held a Fundraiser in the previous year, you are not eligible for a Fundraiser in the next year.
Some answers to common questions about fundraisers at Deckchair:
• Fundraising organisations get to choose their film for their fundraiser night and we help you with suggestions
• Fundraising organisations are required to provide dinner food for sale on the night (we can provide a BBQ and/or a Bain Marie), this is a great opportunity to make extra income. We recommend using a caterer as catering for a large crowd can be a challenge.
• You cannot sell alcohol, soft drinks, popcorn, ice cream or pre-packaged food as Deckchair Cinema operates a licensed kiosk, which also sells popcorn and ice cream. Instead you are welcome to offer home-made cakes along with the hot meals that you sell on the night
• Applicants are advised whether their applications are successful by the end of February
To register your interest in a Fundraiser Night at Deckchair Cinema, please fill in this form