Fundraisers, Deckchair Cinema
*Tracks Dance Fundraiser - Grey Panthers Cake Stall, Duane Preston 2021
The Fundraising Ballot for 2023 is closed. Congratulations to the successful organisations.
Deckchair Cinema is available to hire for fundraising movie nights by Darwin-based, not-for-profit community organisations.
• Fundraiser Nights are generally held each Sunday throughout our season (mid-April to mid-November).
• Fundraiser Nights are a great opportunity for organisations to raise much needed funds, raise awareness for your work and are also a great way for you to bring your members and other interested people in the community together for a fun night out.
• As our Fundraiser Nights are so popular, we operate a random ballot to allocate them. The ballot opens annually in November, and closes on 31 January.
• If you held a Fundraiser in the previous year, you are not eligible for a Fundraiser at Deckchair Cinema in the next year.
Some answers to common questions about fundraisers at Deckchair:
• Fundraising organisations get to choose their film for their fundraiser night and we help you with suggestions
• Fundraising organisations are required to provide dinner food for sale on the night (we can provide a BBQ and/or a Bain Marie). We recommend using a caterer as catering for a large crowd can be a challenge.
• You cannot sell alcohol, soft drinks, popcorn, ice cream or pre-packaged food as Deckchair Cinema operates a licensed kiosk, which also sells the above mentioned items. Instead you are welcome to offer home-made cakes along with the hot meals that you sell on the night
• Applicants are advised whether their applications are successful by the end of February
To register your interest in a Fundraiser Night at Deckchair Cinema, please fill in this form (form now closed)