Wet Weather Policy, Deckchair Cinema
Wet Weather Policy
It is extremely pleasant watching a movie at Deckchair after a storm has passed. Storms generally occur late afternoon and have moved on before the movie starts at 7pm.
Water is easily shaken from the nylon deckchair slings and we have towels on standby, if required. We also have some undercover areas where you can retreat out of the rain.
- If you attend, but decide not to stay due to rain, we will offer you the choice of a refund or complimentary tickets to another screening, on presentation of your electronic or paper ticket. You must report to the box office that same evening. There's no risk in booking tickets :)
- If you decide not to attend the screening, you need to contact us by 5pm on the day to receive a refund, otherwise we can only offer you complimentary tickets to another screening. To receive complimentary tickets to another screening you must notify us within 48 hours.
- If you'd like to swap your tickets to another night, please contact us by 5pm so we have enough time before the screening to process your request.
In the event of:
- Light Rain: We will continue to show the movie, you can take shelter under the kiosk awning or enjoy the pleasant rain
- Heavy Rain: We will pause or delay the movie for a short period until the rain eases
- Cancellation: If the rain is too heavy and we cancel the movie, everyone will receive a refund or complimentary tickets to another screening
- No Show: If the show goes on, but you don’t attend at all, we will not provide a refund, but will offer complimentary tickets to another screening
Follow Deckchair Cinema on Facebook and Instagram for updates on the evenings’ screening in the event of wet weather. We will endeavour to keep you up-to-date with the conditions as we are experiencing them.